Saturday, August 12, 2017

Designs on Design

Its official, I've resurrected my Dove Grace Design project.

It's languished for several years now, put on hold because of marriage, parenthood, work, home renos, moving, more renos, etc.  However, now that Jill, Astrid, and I are all settled in (and subsequently getting back to my old self), I can concentrate on my interests again.

Dove Grace was an alias/persona I developed in the early 2000s to counter Conceited Jerk, my main online persona (still in use here and rarely here).  Where Conceited Jerk was angry, cynical, and drunk, Dove was positive, polite, graceful, and a happy drunk.  CJ wanted Winnipeg to change, to modernize, to improve, but Dove loved Winnipeg how it was.

Toward the end of the last decade, after a number of lifestyle changes and with a different outlook on life, I decided I needed to focus on different things.  Having embraced the DIY/Repurposement ethic and Right to Repair movement, I thought I'd try my hand at design.  A few drawings in ImageFX on my Amiga later, Dove Grace Design was born.

A domain was purchased, the website built, and a couple of projects made it past the "scribbles on a napkin" stage and into a QCAD drawing.

Then... things happened (both good and otherwise) and everything was put on hold.  No prototypes were built.  No work was done.  The domain expired, and I didn't bother to renew it.



Now that everything is back to normal, I'm getting back into it.  Part (most) of my lab is now studio space, I have the best open source tools in my digital workspace, and my first project is to design the most vital tool I'll need: a wet bar!

All my projects will be housed here for the time being.

Now, let's get to work...






1 comment: